The Australian Firefighters Knife is a tough, heavy duty pocket knife. It is designed to be easy to open, reliable and can be used with gloves on. The blade is quality 8CR13MOV steel and the grey titanised coating protects the steel further from rust or corrosion.
Many of the knives design features were chosen after prototype knives were trialled by actual firefighters in their day to day work,
BLADE – The blade has a turned down point for cutting near skin, yet it still has piercing power. It also has smooth and serrated blade sections, for cutting different types of material.
LOCK – The AFK is an old-school, well trusted “lock back” design.
LINERS – The liners are tough G10 material and the handle is contoured to fit snuggly in the hand. There are no plastic pieces anywhere in the knife.
NAME PLATE – The AFK has a stainless steel name plate which can be engraved, making this a perfect gift.
WARRANTY – 2 year replacement warranty for peace of mind.
- Overall length opened 213mm
- Closed 125mm
- Blade length 85mm
- Smooth 50mm
- Serrated 35mm
- Thickness (exclude pocket clip) 12mm
- Thickness (including pocket clip) 16mm
- A fold out hook cutter makes cutting small cordage near skin a breeze.
- A tungsten steel tip for breaking car windows.
- Lanyard hole, for working at heights
- Pocket clip (which is removable using standard phillips head screws)
- Each knife come with a belt pouch which fits modern wide belts up to 55mm